Written by Ric
Monday, 03 October 2011 21:46
Welcome to the Center for the Study of Health in Mission website.
Our vision is that “the global church deepens its understanding of health and advances in its role in health and healing for the glory of God among all peoples."
The mission of The Center for the Study of Health in Mission is:
1. to engage the global Christian community in the exploration and application of biblical revelation, scientific evidence, and cumulative experience as they relate to health and wholeness.
2. assisting the global Christian church in fulfilling its mandate to promote health and healing among the nations.
3. promoting, providing or partnering in the following activities:
- ongoing conferences related to the theme of health as mission.
- development of Best Practices in Global Health Missions.
- maintaining an online journal.
- research on the theme of health as mission.
- maintain an online resource center.
- international workshops that have to do with health as mission.
- online classes as they relate to health from a Christian worldview.development of true partnerships cross-culturally as they relate to health as mission.
- online forum for an ongoing dialogue about a Christian understanding of health as mission.
- effective networking to achieve the necessary synergy needed to provide health care for all, as stated in the Alma Ata declaration of 1978.
So explore the website. See where the Lord may have you participate and contact us with any questions. Mike and the CenterforHIM team.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 21:20